Purdue Northwest Curriculum Document
Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business, and Bachelor of Science in Leadership
- Degree Name: Bachelor of Science
- Document No: COB 17-01 REV PROG MIN GRADE REQ
- Submitting Department: Department of Managerial Studies & Department of Quantitative Business Studies College of Business
- Name(s) of Library Staff Consulted: Not Applicable
- Will New Library Resources Used? No
- Form 40 Needed? No
- Contact Person(s): Claudia C. Mich, Associate Professor of Marketing
- Proposed Effective Date: upon DOE approval (no earlier than Fall 2018)
- Date Reviewed by Department: 9/18/2017
- Submission Date: 9/20/2017
- Date Reviewed by College/School Curriculum Committee: 9/25/2017
- Date Reviewed by Senate Curriculum Committee:October 13, 2017
- Approval by Faculty Senate: November 10, 2017
Task:Program/Concentration Change or New Program/Concentration Proposal
Section I: Changes in Programs, Minors and Certificates
List the major changes in each program of study, minor or certificate.
Change the minimum grade requirements for passing a course offered by the College of Business (excluding HTM) from a C- to a C.
This change affects all COB (excluding HTM) courses, including prerequisites taught within the COB (core and foundational business courses), but not prerequisites taught outside of the COB (mathematics, economics, etc.).
Impact on Students
This change allows the COB to align with PNW’s University policy and prevents students passing with all “C-” scores from falling below our 2.0 minimum COB GPA requirement.
Impact on University Resources
Impact on other Academic Units