Purdue Northwest Curriculum Document
Program Name: Electrical Engineering Technology
- Document No: COT 17-17 REV COURSE ECET 37301
- Proposed Effective Date: Fall 2018
- Submitting Department: ET COT
- Date Reviewed by Department: October 24, 2016
- Submission Date: September 22, 2017
- Date Reviewed College/School Curriculum Committee: November 17, 2017
- Contact Person: Omer Farook
- Approval by Faculty Senate: January 12, 2018
- Date Reviewed by Senate Curriculum Committee: December 8, 2017
- Name(s) of Library Staff Consulted:N/A
- Will New Library Resources Used?: No
- Form 40 Needed?: Yes
Task: Course Change or New Course Proposal
- Program Name(s): Electrical Engineering Technology
Section II: This section is for changes in courses only
- Subject: Revising Pre and co – requisites for ECET 37301 Renewable Energy Sources and Modelling
- Better Comprehension of the course content.
- Defining proper content background.
ECET 37301 – Renewable Energy Sources And Modeling
Credit Hours: 3.00. This course is an introduction to renewable energy sources. Topics include energy conversion fundamentals, efficiency and renewable energy technologies such as wind, solar and geothermal. Mathematical modeling and system integration will be introduced. Typically offered Fall Spring Summer. 0.000 OR 3.000 Credit hours
ECET 37301 RENEWABLE ENERGY SYSTEMS SOURCES AND MODELLING
This course is an introduction to renewable energy sources. Topics include energy conversion fundamentals, efficiency, and renewable energy technologies such as wind, solar, and geothermal. Mathematical modelling and system integration will be introduced.
- Course Pattern:2-3-3
- Prerequisites:ECET 33101
- Co-requisites:ECET 31201
- Impact on Students: Better Comprehension of the course content.
- Impact on University Resources:N/A
- Impact on other Academic Units:N/A