Purdue University Northwest Faculty Senate
Faculty Senate Document 16-19
Submission Date: 3/2/2017 (Ed Policy)
Senate Action and Date:
- For Discussion, 3/10/2017
- For Action, 4/14/2017
- Approved, 4/14/2017
SUBJECT: Unconditional Undergraduate Admission Standards for Purdue University Northwest
The Educational Policy Committee requests the approval of the Faculty Senate for the following Purdue University Northwest Unconditional Undergraduate Admission Standards.
- Purdue University Northwest Unconditional Undergraduate Admission Standards are:
- completion of the Indiana Core 40 Curriculum or Equivalent Diploma, and
- minimum 2-part rSAT total of 980 or higher, or ACT total of 18 or higher*
*Note: rSAT scores replaced SAT scores in March 2016. Total rSAT (or SAT) score refers to sum of 2-part Math and Critical Reading scores. Total ACT scores refer to ACT Composite scores. Applicants with 2-part rSAT total score lower than 980 (or 2-part SAT scores lower than 900) or ACT total score lower than 18 can be admitted, if they have either a high school GPA average of 3.0 or higher, or a 5 subject GPA average of 2.5 or higher.
- Purdue University Northwest Unconditional Undergraduate Transfer Admission Standards are:
- completion of a minimum of 12 credit hours** earned post-graduation from high school and
- earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 in college level credits from an accredited institution of higher education
**Note: Students with less than 12 credits hours earned post-graduation from high school are considered beginning students.
- Purdue University Northwest applicants who meet the unconditional undergraduate admission standards and are admitted to the University, but do not meet the minimum criteria standards established by the Academic Units of Purdue University Northwest for direct admission to programs of study will be accepted as general admit (or non-direct admit) students and will be placed into academic pathways (Meta majors) or an undeclared status.
- D. Detmer
- J. Duzinkiewicz
- J. Hack
- A. Kokalov
- P. Rose
- F. Wang
- N. Patel