Purdue University Northwest Faculty Senate
Faculty Senate Document 17-30 (Revised)
Original Submission Date: 5/4/18 (The Executive Committee)
Submission Date: 10/12/18 (The Executive Committee)
FSD 17-30 Senate Budget Priorities (Revised)
Approved, May 4, 2018
Whereas: The Provost has provided funds for a Senate budget, and
Whereas: It is in the best interests of the Senate to expend these funds in as orderly and transparent a manner as possible, the Senate hereby establishes the following priorities for managing its budget.
The following personnel shall be granted a ¼ FTE release from Senate funds, in the listed priority:
- The Senate Chair.
- The Chair of the Grade Appeals/Academic Integrity Committee.
- The Chair of the Curriculum Committee.
- The Secretary of the Senate.
- The Chair of the Faculty Affairs Committee.
- The University Senate/IFC representative, if funds are not available elsewhere, and then only if Senate funds are available.
- The Senate Vice-Chair, if Senate funds are available.
The positions listed above for ¼ release must be designated in a timely manner such that academic units can schedule faculty accordingly.
If a Department Chair is unable to grant a release funded by the Senate, the funds shall be awarded directly to the faculty member to whom the release would have gone.
No expenditure of funds shall take place without the approval of the Executive Committee, and all expenditures shall be accounted for to the full Senate. In addition, the executive committee shall conduct an annual review of the appropriateness of the releases in the fall semester, which may include submission of documentation to support the release time.
- L. Brandon
- D. Detmer
- A. Elmendorf
- L. Pelter
- V. Quinn
- K. Scipes
- A. Sindone