International and National Professional Society Services
- Reviewer of ASTM paper submitted to Journal of Testing and Evaluation.
- Reviewer of Journal of Geological Engineering and Geotechnical Engineering since 2019
- Editorial Board Member and Reviewer of International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 2018 – present
- Editorial Board Member and Reviewer of Civil Engineering Journal, 2015 – present
- Organizing Committee for National Energy Underground Structure and Engineering Symposium, to be held in September 2019 at Hohai University, Nanjing China.
- Organizing Committee for ISGSR conference in Taipei in December 2019
- Reviewer of ASEE IL IN Regional Conference at University of Evansville, March 2019
- Reviewer of ASEE International Annual Conference, Tampa Florida, 2019
- Reviewer of IFCEE 2018 and 2009
- Reviewer of ASEE International Annual Conference, 2019, 2020
- Reviewer of ASEE International Annual Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2018
- Reviewer of ASEE International Annual Conference, Columbus, Ohio, 2017
- Reviewer of ASCE GeoRisk 2017, Boulder, Colorado.
- Reviewer of ASEE International Annual Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2016
- Founder of nonprofit LinkedIn group, “GeoMiningBioMedicalEngineersNetWorkingGroups”.
Special teaching assignments away from home campus during past three years.
I have been teaching classes not only at Westville campus, but also have been commuting between Westville and Hammond two campuses (round trip two hours, sometimes four (4) workdays per week) sometimes same workday teaching since Fall 2016.
Service at the University, College and Departmental levels, and Professional Service activities
University Committees and Service
- Present Purdue University Northwest Westville campus Preview meeting with students/parents
- Present Purdue University Northwest Westville campus Major Fair meeting with students/parents
- Judge, participated in 2018 Midwest Mechanics of Materials Conference Workshop at IIT.
- Judge, Regional Science Olympiad, prepared 2018 but cancelled due to inclement weather
- Served on PNC Faculty Senate, Purdue University North Central (2016-2017) as College of Engineering Technology Representative
- Served on PNC Academic Affairs committee, Purdue University North Central (2016-2017).
- 2017-Present Purdue University Northwest Westville campus Open House meetings
- Purdue North Central Library Committee (2016-2017)
College Level Committee Service and Other Activities
- Reviewer for PNW undergraduate research grant application proposals
- Reviewer for PNW Discovery Day undergraduate research project significance
- Present Review and Judge for COES Student Discovery Days Research Statement Significance
- Present Served on COES, Open House, Major Fair and Preview meetings Westville
- Served on PNC CoET Grade Appeal committee.
Department Committee Service and Other Activities
- Serve on MCE Undergraduate Courses Curriculum Committee
- Served on MCE Research Thrust Committee, 2018 – present
- Served on MCE department Faculty Search Committee, hired an engineering faculty member
- Judge, PNC Senior Design Project Student Presentations (2015-2016)